Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

Surprise

I will not hide my tastes or aversions. I will so trust that what is deep is holy, if we follow the truth, it will bring us out safe at last. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Think of a time when you didn’t think you were capable of doing something, but then surprised yourself.  How will you surprise yourself this week?
~~~~~~~
I Can Do Everything!
It would seem that I don't get surprised easily. That isn't because of amazing resourcefulness developed by  studying the ways of MacGyver. When I stretch myself, I tend to ask a little help from the Big Guy; whether I fail or succeed, there's a lesson to be learned.  Oh, Big Guy is my nickname for God... Yeah, we're that tight.  
All that being said, I can't honestly say that nothing surprises me.  Whenever I learn that something I said or did inspired someone close to me to change I'm always pleasantly surprised.  It's so amazing to me to see the seeds that you plant in others suddenly sprout, without ever knowing you touched them in that way.  It's especially impactful to me because I was never the example growing up; how I lived wasn't exemplary.  I can't really say that how i live today is exemplary, but it has its bright spots.
So, how will I surprise myself this week?  
Let's give it a week and be surprised together.   

0 comments:

Post a Comment