Pages

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Fear

These are the voices which we hear in solitude, but they grow faint and inaudible as we enter into the world. Society everywhere is in conspiracy against the manhood of every one of its members. – Ralph Waldo Emerson



*Is the insecurity you’re defending worth the dream you’ll never realize? or the love you’ll never venture? or the joy you’ll never feel?
Will the blunder matter in 10 years? Or 10 weeks? Or 10 days? Or 10 minutes?


Can you be happy being anything less than who you really are?
~~~~~~~

I've been pondering these questions all day and have come up with nothing.  There is no fear or insecurity that comes to mind that is holding me back.  I completely agree that the things people often worry and stress about are, in the big picture, irrelevant.  Quite frankly, I think that's awesome.  I guess I feel that many of the things I want are, intentionally, well within reach.  

I don't dream in detail.  I keep the things I want in life as broad ideas.  For example, I know that I want to teach.  Done.  No more detail.  Perhaps it will be as a professor, adult education, a fitness class, whatever.  All of those paths aren't created equal, I definitely would prefer to be a professor and am working towards that end, but I'm flexible to where life takes me.  The important thing is that I get to teach.  Let's look at this using a relationship model.  Some people have a list of qualities for their partner.  That list is so important that good matches are thrown aside because they lack line items 4 and 5. I think that's a little crazy, but its great if you can find it.  In my mind, what it all boils down to is people wanting someone to give and receive love.

I guess my question is, what are you really dreaming about?


Today was proof that sometimes the best outcomes come from the least planning.

1 comment: