Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

Dare To Be Bold

The idea of “being realistic” holds all of us back. Today, let’s take a step away from rational thought and dare to be bold.  What’s one thing you’ve always wanted to accomplish but have been afraid to pursue? Write it down. Also write down the obstacles in your way of reaching your goal. Finally, write down a tangible plan to overcome each obstacle.


My problem has never been fear of failure.  All of my ventures begin with a process of imagination; visualizing what success and failure will look and feel like.  I have had success and failure in equal measure.  There are few things that have genuinely intrigued me that I didn't pursue to some degree.


My issue has always been with hitting the finish line; the actual "accomplishment."  The journey is more meaningful and exciting for me than the destination itself.  It's not crossing something off my list, but the fact that it was on the list that makes me happy... that gets me into trouble! 


So, it seems that my obstacle is taking something to completion.  I'm not afraid of completing things, but my interests can change pretty rapidly.  This can be a good and bad thing.  In order to overcome this obstacle, take the approach I do at my work, and find someone to partner with.  I know I bring energy, flexibility, and positivity to my undertakings, but I can only benefit from making it a point to work with someone who wants to cross it off the list.  


I definitely went a different direction, but that's that flexibility coming out! 


...at least I finished posting.   ;) 


Today I remembered that shirking one's commitments to others cheapens the relationship.



0 comments:

Post a Comment