Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Invent the Future

A man should learn to detect and watch that gleam of light which flashes across his mind from within, more than the lustre of the firmament of bards and sages. Yet he dismisses without notice his thought, because it is his. Ralph Waldo Emerson
~~~~~~~

I'll have a wife and 2-3 kids and 3 ferrets.  My family and I are living in a suburban home.  It will be the ideal location because it isn't far from a major city or from the country.  Yup, even my house is in the middle of two extremes.  


At this point, I will be working in a teaching focused higher education institution.  I'm not sure what I'll be teaching, but I'll love it and my students will be engaged because of my enthusiasm.  I'll also be involved with students outside of the classroom.  We would meet for dinner to discuss ideas and talk about life.  I would also be writing a successful blog that is largely followed by student bloggers; another venue for the marketplace of ideas to occur.


My invented future isn't too complex.  Regardless of what I do, I want my impact to be focused on people.  I'm not concerned with being renowned for the impact I have; but hope to not to be forgotten too quickly and remembered with a smile.



In response to...

My favorite quote of all time is Alan Kay: ‘In order to predict the future, you have to invent it.’ I am all about inventing the future. Decide what you want the future to be and make it happen. Because you can. Write about your future now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment