Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

One Thing

Do your work, and I shall know you. Do your work, and you shall reinforce yourself. – Ralph Waldo Emerson


Write down one thing you’ve always wanted to do and how you will achieve that goal. 
~~~~~~~

I think there are two different extremes of people (this is a gross simplification btw).  One type is the doer, they imagine a destination and start walking, until they reach it.  The other is a thinker.  This person, to quote some Mos Def, is wrestling with words and ideas and the process of thinking is the journey to who knows where.

I state this because many of the things that prompt me to say, "Geez, that would be cool to do" do not inspire me to action.  Often I'm content to imagine what could be and move on to think about something else.  This isn't to say that I don't accomplish anything, but rather when something moves me to action, it also moves me to completion.  So, in my mind, if I haven't done it yet, I'm either waiting for it to be revealed to me, or its already a done deal.  

Very intangible, but its how I work my mojo.  


Today showed me the importance of taking risks.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment