Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

With One Step...

I created this blog almost over a year ago and have posted nothing. Not because I had nothing on my mind to share, but because I didn't know what I wanted this blog to be. So, in my typical fashion, I dropped the project and only returned when something inspired me to start writing again. There were a few false starts here and there, but my muse visits were always too brief and too narrowly focused.

Recently, I was reading something and the phrase, "walk softly" jumped out at me. A simple enough phrase, but one that summarized the past 2 years of my life; me trying to learn how to walk softly. Now, walking softly isn't about me ninjaing up behind someone (thats another blog altogether). Rather, walking softly, in my case, is an approach to life. It's me trying to reduce myself so that others' walk can be heard. It's about me simplifying my life, reducing my needs, to increase my impact. To be honest, I don't even know if this makes sense. Heh, I'm sure some of you may be thinking, "Dude, if you write about you taking walks, I swear I'm not following this!" There will be a lot of different posts and topics here; I don't know how this process will end up, but I've always been a fan of journeys.

A wise man, Lao Tzu once said...

“The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.”


Bon Voyage!

V.

0 comments:

Post a Comment